~AssALamUALAIkum...HeLL0...0hAIYo g0zAImASu....AnneYongHaseYo~

Saturday 16 April 2016

~dreams that manifest into reality, are you ready for it?~


What types of movie buff are you?

I am the horror addict...I love horror movie so much...The horrifying gore, monsters, insanity and the supernatural things fascinate my sense so much...

I am not a brave person actually...I even covered my eyes in the middle of the terrifying scene...But the fear excites me anyhow...Being scared out of our wits is a kind of fun concept...The more fear I feel, the more I enjoy the movie..


This is the fourth horror movie that I watched for this year...I had watched Munafik, The Forest and The Boy before...Initially, I planned to watch The Faith of Anna Waters with my best friend, but the IMDb rating is not too promising...

My best friend suggested us to watch this movie as she had been captivated by the movie trailer...Furthermore, this movie is a kind of different from those movie that I watched where the horror movie is told through the eyes of a child...


THE SYNOPSIS

Jessie (Kate Bosworth) and Mark (Thomas Jane) are struggling to maintain a healthy relationship after the heartbreaking death of their son, Sean (Antonio Romero)...As they no longer able to conceive another child, they decide to adopt a kid in order to start a new life...

They take in a cute, bright and instantly likeable 8 year old boy named Cody (Jacob Tremblay)...But there is one odd thing about him...Cody is scared of falling asleep and will do anything to stay awake...They assumed that his previous unstable homes caused his aversion to sleep.. 

Apparently, Cody has a mysterious gift that able to make his dreams literally come true whenever he sleeps...Through Cody's imagination, Jessie and Mark able to experience wonderful images...But downside of Cody's dreams lies a nightmare known as ''The Canker Man''...

THE REVIEW

I think this movie lacks of visionary touch and depends too much on jump scares...''The Canker Man'' from Cody's nightmare is not scary at all...He looks like a monster from a video game...However certain scenes that took place in dark or quiet surrounding manage to evoke an ominous sense of fright and eeriness...

I like how  Flanagan and Jeff Howard combines supernatural elements with heartfelt themes that deal with loss and parental love...As a grieving married couple trying to cope with the death of their son, Kate and Thomas bring enough refinement to their emotionally vulnerable characters....

Not forget to mention on Jacob performance as Cody, it is really wonderful...He was the essence and soul to the movie...I deeply fall in love with Cody characters...And I am pretty sure everybody would dream to have a child like Cody...

Lastly, the movie is not something that is typical and predictable...The plot was arranged creatively...I loved the idea at the end and how the ending was a bit open, making the audience think a bit for themselves...

For overall 6.5/10 from me




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...